Thursday, October 16, 2014

Baby Got Back Extensions

As I mentioned last time, I'm working on my bootay. Seriously. I am. Squats, Bulgarian Split Squats and Bret Contreras's 30 day Back Extension Challenge. Well I am proud to say today I managed 2 sets of 25 back extensions! When I started a little over a week ago I could barely manage 10. Progress. I like it. Especially when it comes to my posterior chain. Nice. But not in a creepy way. Ok I'm a creep. I like big butts and I cannot lie.



Since having a well rounded ass means nothing if you have a big stomach, I have been working on my diet too. With breastfeeding, being on maternity leave and it being Fall, I have a sweet tooth. I usually want something sweet after I eat. So I've been looking for healthy recipes online. This past week, I've made Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies and Date Energy Balls. I substituted coconut flour for almond flour in the cookie recipe and  it was delicious. The date energy balls are equally as good if not better. The Detoxinista really knows what she's talking about. Check her out and make some stuff. You will not be disappointed.

Next week is Diwali, the Indian festival of lights so we'll be going to my parents house. Since the date energy balls sort of taste like mithai but are MUCH healthier, I'm going to make a batch and take it over. I will be indulging in the mithai my mom makes though (you would too, it's that good!) but at least I won't feel too guilty if I snack on some of mine as well.

I'm just about at my pre pregnancy weights for some of my lifts and I'm EXTREMELY happy about that. I did 5X5 at 75lbs for Back Squats today. I had my numbers from before I had Little Diva and a couple days before I found out I was pregnant with her, I did 3 sets of 5 at 90. So I'm getting there. 75 felt easy for me so I'm sure I'll be at 90 in no time.

It's really great to be able to workout like I did before. It's also really great to not worry about what everyone else is doing since I workout alone. I do miss my CrossFit friends and my box but working out at home takes away a lot of wondering how people can lift so much and allows me to focus on me. It also saves me money which is necessary these days with two kiddos.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!