Friday, August 9, 2013

Are 30's the new 20's?

I just turned 32 a couple days ago (yes I realize my About Me section still says 31, let's just leave it like that for now, mmkay?). Anyways, I'm in my 30's. I just finished a Hero WOD at CrossFit and was high fived by a fellow mom in her 30's. She is in unbelievable shape and does not look like she's in her 30's at all. When I first saw her, I actually thought she was in her 20's. But she's 35 and has two children. It just goes to show that if you work hard and keep yourself in shape, you'll look and feel a lot younger! With CrossFit, 30's are definitely the new 20's.

So let's backtrack to yesterday's WOD:

Strength - Overhead Squats 7x1

800m run
3 rounds:
   20 knees to chest
   30 push ups
   40 air squats
800m run

Sounds tough right? Well get this, Coach decided to do something special for my birthday. So for my class he added another WOD to the one we were already doing. Yesterday's WOD turned out to be this:

32 burpees
32 lunges
32 box jumps
32 KB swings

10 minutes rest

800m run
3 rounds:
   20 knees to chest
   30 push ups
   40 air squats
800m run

Absolutely insanity. I apologized to everyone in my class multiple times. We braved through it though and on that last run, my legs were butter. Yet I still signed up for this morning's class and here's what we did today:

10 rounds:
3 hand stand push ups (I did them off the box, can't do the hand stand ones yet)
6 deadlifts (I did 95lbs)
12 pull ups (I used 3 bands, hoping to go down to 2 next time)
24 double unders or 72 regular jump rope (I did regular)

It was tough but easier than yesterday. You actually have to work through the workout to know what's easy for you and what isn't. Next time there's a deadlift in a WOD, I can probably add another 10 pounds. And next time there are pull ups, I'm going to try my best to use 2 bands instead of 3. Hand stand push ups and double unders are on my list as well.

Deadlifts and pull ups result in man hands. Here's a picture of my hand post workout.

Very lady like huh? Oh well blisters and callouses make strong hands and I would rather strong hands than weak ones!

I am also very excited to announce my new purchase. I recently bought Reebok CrossFit Nano 3.0's. I heard they are awesome for box jumps as well as lifting so I'm excited to try them out at my next class. I'll also write a review and let you all know how much I like them!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!