Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Stats and Challenges

I finished July strong with working out a total of 14/31 days (6 of those days in the last week and a half!). I slacked somewhere in the middle but I got right back on track. So here are the workout totals for the last couple of months -

April 2013: 9/30 days
May 2013: 21/31 days
June 2013: 14/30 days
July 2013: 14/31 days

May was by far my best month and I'm hoping August will come close to that. I will have to incorporate more running because I signed up for my first half marathon! Woohoo! I will be running the Jersey Shore Half Marathon on October 6. I have also signed up for another challenge in August - the Smoothie challenge - one smoothie a day for the month of August. I figured it was a good idea since I have been on such a smoothie kick lately. What's better than a cold refreshing smoothie on a hot day? Okay you got me - a cold refreshing beer on a hot day. But I can't do a beer challenge. I did enough of those in college!

So here's the link to the Smoothie Challenge.


We're already a couple days into August so go ahead and get your smoothie on. This morning's smoothie was a banana, frozen berries, a little bit of almond milk, 1/2 scoop of protein powder and spinach and kale. Yes, spinach and kale. You can't even taste them in the smoothie!

Regarding half marathon training, I ran 4 miles last Sunday and my knee started hurting a little bit. I'm taking a couple days off and then tomorrow I will go back to CrossFit. I'm hoping to go tomorrow, Thursday and Friday and then take Saturday off and go for a 5 mile run on Sunday. I feel really good about my training plan and I'm excited to meet my goals for the week. 

I'll be 32 tomorrow and whenever I get older, I ask myself if I am where I want to be in life. I'm married to an amazing husband, have an adorable son, two cuddly dogs and I am getting stronger everyday. So yes, I am definitely where I want to be and I'm looking forward to all that 32 has to bring!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!