Wednesday, September 11, 2013

CrossFit Fever

It's been tough juggling half marathon training with CrossFit and the Paleo Challenge. On my long run days, I do eat things that aren't paleo because I crave sugar and carbs. I do, however, limit it. I used to eat whatever I wanted on my long run days but that behavior is long gone. It's been a week since I went to CrossFit so I was very happy to be able to go this morning. The WOD included Front Squats which are part of the Paleo Challenge WOD so I was happy to be able to work on them. Since the RX was 5 X 3, I was supposed to do 85% of my 1 rep max or 75 lbs. I did that and started adding weight and had a really hard time with it since it was 3 reps. Eventually my form sucked. So I went back to 75 (as I should have) and stayed there. The WOD was:

12 min AMRAP:
5 HSPU (hand stand push ups)
10 Pull ups
15 KB swings

I completed 4 rounds and did 12 reps of my 5th round. I also only used 1 band for pull ups (woohoo!) and used a 35lb kettlebell. I came home sweaty and proud of myself. Since I'm down to 1 band for pull ups, I'm going to start working on kipping. For those unfamiliar, here's a video -



I also went back to having CrossFit fever and will most likely attend the death class this Friday. That means I have to figure out when to get my long run in - I need to do 9.5 miles this weekend sometime. I'll probably do it Sunday morning. Less than a month until my first half marathon!

Hubby found this article today - 25 Signs You're Addicted To CrossFit. With that said, I'm definitely addicted. You should see me stalking the WOD the night before the workout! I also ordered Boxlife magazine and follow some CrossFitters for motivation on Instagram. Hey, whatever works right!

So what workouts are you addicted to? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!