Monday, September 30, 2013

Ups and Downs

I've been taking it easy these past couple of weeks. Little Beast and Hubby were sick and my body was all sorts of exhausted. My eating went to crap as did my energy and motivation. All of those told me that my body just needs to rest. So I rested. I wore pajamas and hung out on the couch. It sounds horrible and I felt pretty bad about it but that's what I needed to do. This past weekend I got my mojo back. I was sick of being sick and signed up for an Autism Speaks 5K this past Saturday. I hadn't run in about 2 weeks and needed something to motivate me to get back in the game. So I went. And I ran. And guess what? I PR'd. I finished in 26:24, my fastest yet. And that was the clock time, I'm assuming my chip time was a little less.

2013 Run Stats (totally going from memory so each of these could be a couple seconds off):

1st 5K (March 2013): 30:44
2nd 5K (May 2013): 27:02
3rd 5K (July 2013): 28:30 
4th 5K (September 2013): 26:24

Thankfully I'm back on track since my first half marathon is this weekend. So far my farthest run has been 10 miles so running 13 this Sunday will be tough. But I welcome the challenge. After the run on Sunday, we have the Paleo Challenge ending next Wednesday. As I mentioned earlier, I haven't been doing too well on that front. I'm pretty good during the week for the most part but my weekends aren't that great. I mean they are fantastic, but my eating isn't Paleo. I blame Starbucks and their Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

Totally unrelated but worth mentioning - you know what I dislike? People who do what you specifically ask them not to do. So last night was the LAST episode of Breaking Bad ever. I wanted to watch last night but Hubby was tired and fell asleep. Since we usually watch the show together, I decided to wait until tonight to watch it. Like any normal person would, I updated my facebook status asking for no spoilers and then I logged out of facebook just in case I read something about Breaking Bad. Well, Hubby was on this morning and would you know - someone posted a comment on my status with a Breaking Bad spoiler! Seriously, keep it to yourself a$$wipe. Yes I'm angry. Anyways, thankfully I didn't see it.

So yeahhh! Breaking Bad series finale last night. Totally and up and a down. I'm excited to see the last episode but disappointed to never see one again. It helps that The Walking Dead is on again in two weeks. I'm not really a couch potato. Okay maybe I am. But I work out a lot so my rest is earned. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!