Monday, October 7, 2013

New Found Motivation

As you all know, I have periods where I am completely on track with everything - eating and working out and then I have moments where I completely fall off the truck, track, what's that saying? This past weekend was the CrossFit Open and even though Hubby and I weren't competing, we took Little Beast to go cheer on our fellow box members. Since the Paleo challenge is still going on, I made Pumpkin Swirl Brownies. Dude, they were awesome. I had to tell Hubby not to eat them several times before we went! PaleOMG's Juli created yet another masterpiece. If you haven't checked out our blog, check it out, she's got a great personality and is a great cook! 

So CrossFit Open this weekend, all I have to say is that I was truly inspired. Four girls from my box participated and each one inspired me with her strength and determination. They pushed until they couldn't push anymore. It was amazing to see. The guys kicked ass as well and I was proud of how well our box did. It gave me the motivation I needed to run the next day despite my half marathon being cancelled. I ended up running 10 miles yesterday and felt fantastic after it. Last time I ran 10, I was sore for days. This time I feel a lot better. I never thought I'd be able to run 5 miles, let alone 10!



I am going to switch focus now. I will continue to run 5Ks and will eventually run a half marathon but I want to get better at back squats, double unders, wall balls and pull ups. I want to focus on increasing strength and getting better with the barbell. As I mentioned in my About Me section, my fitness goals are constantly evolving and right now I want to focus on strength. I'll still run but instead of focusing on long distance runs, I want to focus on a faster 5K.

I'm hoping to one day compete in a CrossFit Open but I have a ways to go. The scaled WOD at the competition this past weekend would have been really tough for me. I'll get there, one day.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!