Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Best Valentine's Day Gift Ever

Happy Valentine's Day! I woke up this morning feeling like crap. I'm not sick anymore, thankfully, but I'm exhausted. Little beast (I really should think of a new nickname) didn't sleep last night. I was up at 10:30, 1:30, 3:30, and then 5. I have no idea why he's been sleeping so poorly. He's a 14 month ball of energy who just wants to be with mama and dada at night. It should be cute but we're beat! Unfortunately, I can't wait until he sleeps through the night to run. If I did that, I think I'd run in maybe 5 years! Please tell me it gets better.

Little Beast this morning.

Back to Valentine's Day. I woke up exhausted and cranky. Hubby, who's still sick (poor guy) and exhausted on account of little beast, came over and gave me my Valentine's present. I could barely muster a thank you, I was so tired. I opened the gift and was happily surprised! He got me Native Sunglasses. I've been complaining about sun in my eyes when I run and needed a pair of functional sunglasses that wouldn't fog up. I was excited to give these a try! And to my surprise, it was actually sunny out. Yeah! I'd get to try my glasses out today!

My Valentine's Present
Back to Little Beast. He was cranky this morning as well. I left him for all of two minutes to go to the bathroom and he managed to fall and get a bloody nose! Poor little guy. It took time to clean him up and get him ready for daycare and I was wondering if I even had time to get my run in. I was so excited about trying out my new sunglasses that I made it happen.

I ran my farthest yet (2.53 miles) with my fastest pace yet (8:59 min/mile)! I'm really happy with my run. And I am VERY happy with my sunglasses for the following reasons:

1. They didn't fog up
2. They are extremely light weight
3. They stayed in place
4. Hubby gave them to me!

I usually run without music (I hate having to adjust headphones) but I'm thinking music will give me the extra push to break 3 miles on my next run. What are your thoughts? Do you run with our without music? Any recommendations on headphones?

Until my 3 miler,
Renita




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!