Monday, February 18, 2013

The Running Dead

This past weekend was relatively low key. Hubby and I had plans Saturday night for our belated Valentine's Day so Little Beast was with his grandparents. Sunday we caught up on house chores (fun!) and relaxed. I ran my first 5K on Saturday. It wasn't an official race but I ran 3.18 miles in 29:58 minutes. After I ran, my legs were killing me! I've been debating getting new running shoes - well running shoes in general considering I am using my everyday sneakers for running - but I told myself I would only get running sneakers after I could run 3 miles. So Saturday's run earned me a new pair of sneakers! We went to the local Run store in town - Runner's High and after trying on numerous shoes I decided on the overly cushy Brooks Ghost Sneakers

My Running Shoes


Sunday was my rest day, which equated to house work, planning meals for the week and organizing. If you think I do this every Sunday, you are VERY mistaken. My house is a happy mess. I'm not the neatest person out there but I definitely appreciate an organized house. I'm trying my best. I actually find that running helps me organize the rest of my life. How's that possible? Well because I take the time to schedule my runs and plan my routes, I have now found the time to plan other things. It's a win win situation. It's funny how you can actually make time when you once thought you have none.

Every Sunday night is the new episode of The Walking Dead. If you're laughing at me for watching it, you really should watch a show. It's not entirely about zombies. The show is brilliant with multiple plots and actually pretty emotional. Zombies are just the backdrop, or the icing on the cake - depending on how you look at it. Since the show is on at 9 pm and that's way too late for hubby and I, we DVR it every Sunday. We're both home today and caught up on it this morning. Wow! That's all I have to say. I'm not going to ruin it for those that haven't caught up yet but this episode was great! In fact, all I was thinking about on my run was zombies and running from them. Laugh all you want! It's freezing out today, with the windchill, it's around 13 degrees. I didn't go very fast and in all reality, a zombie probably could have gotten me (who am I kidding, there is NO way that would have happened) but I did go out there and run a 3 miler. My second one! My pace was 9:45 min/mile so I'm not too happy about that but I'll take it.

The other day, when I was researching things to do for Hubby and I on our 3rd anniversary in May, I came across a Zombie Run. It looked awesome. A mud race with zombies running after you! I'd be scared for days. Hubby and I are still thinking about it, it ain't cheap, but after my run this morning, we might just have to.

In other non zombie related news, it's less than a month until my first official 5K. Initially, my goal was to run it in under 30 minutes. Since that's attainable now, my new goal is to run it in 27 minutes or less. I am confident that I can make that happen.

Until my next 3.something miles,
Renita

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!