Thursday, April 11, 2013

I'm Going to Pump Me Up!

Two days ago, I had a consultation with my new trainer at the gym. She's extremely fit, buff and appears intimidating until you get to know her. She's actually really sweet and knows her stuff! I explained how my adductors are constantly sore because my abductors are weak - I think. In English, Inner thighs are weak and outer thighs overcompensate so I'm constantly foam rolling. I also explained how weak my upper body is which in retrospect, I didn't need to explain because it's pretty evident in looking at me. 

For the first time in my life, I found out my body fat percentage. I assumed prior to going in that it would be 25% and I was right! What I didn't know was that 24-26% is average for my age. So not too bad. Trainer (this will be her name from this point forward) and I decided that we will get that down to 13-16%! Hello 6 pack abs, nice to finally meet you. We also did a work out towards the end that involved ropes (I suck at them), planks and some back exercises. Overall, it was a good intro and I am looking forward to working with her.

This weekend, I will take my dreaded before pictures. Keep in mind these will be taken now, so that's with a couple months of running under my belt. I will also take a monthly picture to show my progress and keep track of measurements. 

Trainer stressed the importance of nutrition. She asked how many times a day I ate, to which I replied 3 and she said I'm starving my body. I need to eat 6 times a day and snack. This will be tough for me. It's 10 am now and I haven't even eaten breakfast yet I'm on my second coffee. I'm by no means an awful eater but I'm not the best either. The chart she showed me has 10% cardio, 45% strength training and 45% nutrition. I have the cardio part down. So I'm going to focus on the other 90%! I will definitely continue running though.

Regarding my half marathon in Vancouver later this year, unfortunately Hubby and I won't be able to go. The trip costs way more than I expected and I just can't commit to spending so much when we have a furnace to pay off. So I am going to find another half closer to home. If you have any suggestions let me know! 


1 comment:

  1. Check out nyrr.org. They have several halfs in the NYC boros during the year. There is a Westchester County NY half sometime in the fall too and one out on Long Island in October.

    I'm sure there are several halfs in NJ too so just look around.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!