Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend. Workout. Winery.

This past weekend was by far the most I have worked out in my life two days in a row and I have to admit I enjoyed it! Saturday I did the following strength and conditioning workout with Hubby.


WARM UP

- foam roll
- worm crawl with cobra
- walking cradle
- elastic band abduct
- butt kicks
- high knee
- backwards run

 PRE CONDITIONING

- (5x) 10 second dashes
- ladder drill (3x once across, 1x back and forth)

 CONDITIONING

- (3x) Sprints (aprx 50 yards)

 TABATA 20 second, 10 second x8

1. Air Squats
2. Mountain Climbers
3. Air Squats
4. Burpees
5. Medicine Ball Slam (12 lbs)
6. Medicine Ball Slam (12 lbs)
7. Mountain Climbers
8. Thrusters (5lbs dumbbells)

Crazy huh? The workout was created by Hubby himself. I thought I'd cry at the end but I felt fantastic. Tabata workouts are pretty tough but you move so fast that you don't really have time to think about it. If you're interested in other workouts he creates, contact me and I will forward the request on to him. He did take a video of me the entire time so I can see my form and know where to improve. I will update this post with the video when I have it. So stay tuned! 

After Saturday's workout craziness, we took Little Beast to Vynecrest Winery. It's our favorite winery nearby - their Summertime Red is the perfect sweet red wine. It's perfect for Sangrias and patio sipping in warm weather. All of the wines at Vynecrest are good though and if you're in the area, you should definitely check them out. Excuse my sales pitch, I just really love Vynecrest! 

Little Beast and I at Vyncrest

My World

I didn't run much last week because I had my initial consult with the trainer at the gym and it was raining. I really should learn to run in the rain but I absolutely refuse, unless it's a sprinkle. Pouring rain and me running is probably not going to happen. That said, if you told me I'd run 6 miles a couple months ago, I'd tell you that would never happen either. And yes, I broke 6 on Sunday's run! I'm still sore from both Saturday's workout and Sunday's long run but at least I'm sore and happy.

We spent the rest of Sunday prepping meals for the week and seeing my parents for dinner. I did make these really good pre-workout/breakfast/dessert bars that I found in Women's Running Magazine. I can't find the link online but I put pitted dates, apricots, ginger, lemon zest, lemon juice, pinch of kosher salt, and some granola into a food processor. I then flattened the mixture onto parchment paper, stuck it in the freezer over night, and cut it into bars. It came out a little soft so I may bake it next time but boy are they delicious!

Until my next workout,
Renita



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!