Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Life Changes

Every once in a while, I think about life, my past, the present and my future. I wonder if I'm doing the things I thought I would be doing at this age. I think about what I want to do five years from now. I'm sure you're rolling your eyes now because that's usually an interview/first date question - Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? To be honest, I'm not really thinking about professionally at the moment. I do what I do to pay our bills. It's not personally fulfilling and eventually I would like to change that and do something that's more meaningful to me. But for now, I need to make bills (God I hate when people say that) to pay for Little Beast's daycare, our mortgage, the list goes on. But if you ask me where I see myself 5 years from now (not work related), that constantly changes. Five years ago, I would have told you, I see myself married with kids in 5 years. I guess I nailed that one. A year ago if you asked me where I see myself in 5 years, I don't know my answer would be any different. Little Beast was still very young and I couldn't really think about anything other than being a mother. But today if you ask me the same question, I have a very different answer.

Five years from now, I see myself as a happy, active, fit wife and mother who is a good influence to my son (and hopefully another child). I also hope to have a more meaningful job that inspires others to make healthy life changes like I have. You see, I've come a long way.


And no, I was by no means an alcoholic. I just really enjoyed wearing stilettos, dresses from Cache and partying. While I still enjoy the occasional high heel and dresses from Cache, I consider clubbing weekly a huge waste of time. There are so many things I'd rather be doing - like sleeping enough to get a long run in the next day. Wow, I never thought I'd say that.

I've made a lot of life changes in the last couple of years - including getting married and having a child and along the way, I have realized the importance of healthy living and feeling a sense of accomplishment. Somewhere in my short journey, I've discovered that I enjoy rest more when I deserve it.

I follow a number of blogs and have found so many women  - mothers and non mothers - marathoners and beginners - that inspire me daily. In fact, I think of them to help me get through my long runs. What inspires you?






2 comments:

  1. People like you inspire me! And everyone else out there in the blogosphere that is finding more to themselves every single day. It's awesome! Keep on running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen, that means a lot to me coming from you! Your blog was one of the first I followed and still keeps me motivated!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!