Monday, June 10, 2013

Change

Immediately after I wrote the title for this post, I thought of the South Park episode about Change.It's where everyone turns into a bum asking for change. Got any change? Change? Change? You should see it if you haven't. It's hilarious. While I don't need that kind of change, I do need to change.

It's been nearly two months, well I think more like 6 weeks, of consistent exercise and while I see a difference, I don't see as big a difference as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect instant gratification (or maybe I did) but I'm not disappointed so much as ready to really make it happen. I realize that most of it is what I eat. While I have worked at eating better, there are still some days I eat crap. And since Little Beast is a toddler, there is plenty of cereal and goldfish in my house. And I just love goldfish. More than anything, I just love snacking with him.

So change. On Friday night, I was having a much needed glass of wine and I was doing some research. I looked up the hype on grass fed meat and was surprised at what I found. I'm not going to recite from a website and try to act smart so here it is if you're interested - Why Grass Fed Animal Products are Better for You. That led me to do some Paleo research and I found this blog - PaleOMG. Not only is the author hilarious, but what I like most is that she was thin and wasn't happy because she wasn't strong. Strong is the new skinny. I'm all over that bandwagon. I also went through some of her recipes and decided that Paleo was worth a shot. Friday night I decided I am going to try Paleo until our vacation at the end of the month and see how I do. I am proud to say today is my 3rd day on Paleo and I feel great!
Last night I tried a recipe from PaleOMG - Crockpot Ropa Vieja and it was delicious! I didn't have time to make the cauliflower rice because I had a bridal shower to go to but Hubby said he would eat that any night. Woohoo! Paleo wasn't so bad after all. I do have to say that it is tough. I ate veggie sticks and fruit at the bridal shower and refrained from muffins, cake, pita, and kieshes. It was tough but I'm determined.

I also thought I would NEVER be able to have my coffee black. This suit is black..NOT. If you don't get it, I can't help you. Anyways, I started black coffee Saturday morning and have had no issues the past 3 days. Where there's a will, there's a way. I'm not sure I will stay on Paleo for the rest of my life but I will say that avoiding processed foods is huge. Just knowing I am committed to eating clean keeps me away from the snacks I give Little Beast. Otherwise, it's 1 goldfish for you, 2 for Mama.

So far today, I have had a cup of black coffee, two boiled eggs - just the whites and I just had an apple with almond butter. I bought fuji apples from the store over the weekend and Justin's Nut Butter Natural Maple Almond Butter. I get the packets because it's easy to take to work and it's already portioned for me.

Yum!
I will probably have leftover Ropa Vieja for lunch and then I'm going to make another recipe from PaleOMG  for dinner tonight.

I am going to post a post Paleo picture right before we go on vacation. Wish me luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!