Tuesday, June 18, 2013

From Fat Tuesday to Fit Tuesday

Though I've never been to New Orleans, I have experienced my fair share of Fat Tuesday parties. I can say for sure that this Tuesday isn't a Fat Tuesday at all, it's a Fit Tuesday. Yes I know I'm a dork.

For the past couple of days, I have some form of stomach bug that Little Beast most likely acquired at day care. Hubby got it from Little Beast and the strain I got was much less (thankfully) than the both of them had. The stomach bug left me feeling fatigued and kept me away from most things Paleo. Today I'm finally back on track. My last workout was on Friday and I have been feeling guilty for not doing anything for 4 whole days. I've also been slacking with running because of all my strength training so I decided to stop making excuses and go for a run today.


A while ago I bought the Timex Women's T5K698 Marathon GPS Speed+Distance Watch but never got around to configuring and using it. I took it out on my run today. Unfortunately, I didn't set it up right and have no clue how far I ran or how fast! I did run my usual route though and stopped before I hit the 3 mile mark so I'm assuming I ran 2.8 miles and I believe I ran it around 30 minutes but I have no idea. It was 80 something degrees and sunny and I came home red faced and sweaty and feeling pretty damn good. I'm glad I got my running mojo back.

It's not Fit Tuesday just because I ran. I have also been eating really clean today. This is what I have eaten so far:


  • Banana 
  • 1 cup Black Coffee 
  • 3 Egg Whites
  • LARABAR Fruit & Nut Food Bar, Apple Pie - I had this before my workout. If you've never had one, you must try it. It's delicious! And it only has dates, walnuts, cinnamon, apples, raisins, cinnamon - nothing artificial. Okay I'm done selling it now. It was just really good!
  • Protein Shake - 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/2 scoop whey protein, water, cinnamon and 2 tsp coconut shavings. Can you say amazing? I can. AMAZING. And yes, it was!
  • Mexican Salad with Avocado - you can find the recipe here
  • Cup of Almond Breeze Chocolate Milk
For dinner, we're grilling steaks and zucchini. So today is definitely Fit Tuesday. I got my run on and ate clean and I feel great! Tomorrow I have an appointment with Trainer and I'm looking forward to her kicking my ass. And next week, I am more than happy to report, we're going on vacation. Woohoo! 

In the spirit of vacation, we decided to get Little Beast a BroHawk.

Isn't he cute?



1 comment:

  1. I love Fit Tuesday! Ugh! I have the hardest time with new electronics. I hope you figure it out.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!