Monday, July 29, 2013

Terribly Active

On Friday, I took Little Beast to the park after I picked him up from daycare. We played on the slide and he sat in the swing for a while and then he picked up my keys and was ready to go. I put him in the car and put the keys in the front seat - not realizing that he had hit the lock button. Yes, I locked my son in the car and I felt awful about it. I ran into the street and flagged this car down (this was my 3rd attempt, the first 2 were unsuccessful). Anyways, the woman called the police department for me and within 10 minutes, we had the car door open. By then I was in tears and apologizing to Little Beast for being a bad mama. The police officer calmed me down and told me to put on the AC and everything would be fine. Absolutely terrible. We go home and I start working on Paleo Cupcakes for the Snatch Clinic at CrossFit on Saturday. Little Beast manages to get into the wine rack and before I know it, he's crying and his hand is gushing blood. I pick him up and clean him off. Hubby comes home to wine and glass everywhere, blood spots all over the floor and me frantically saying today's a bad day! His response after seeing Little Beast was okay - What bottle of wine was it? Ha! I'm laughing now because Little Beast is fine but I was NOT laughing then. Terrible. 

Earlier on Friday is where the active part comes in. I went to CrossFit and this was the WOD:

7 rds for time

7 handstand push ups (I did them off the bench)
7 thruster 135/95 (45 lb bar)
7 knees to elbows (knees to chest)
7 deadlifts 245/185 (65 lb)
7 burpees
7 kb swings 2/1.5 pood (26lb KB)
7 pull ups (2-3 bands)

My time was 32:03. Not too shabby. It's hard to know how much weight to use for lifts since I still don't know what's comfortable for me yet. I can safely say that next time Thrusters are in the WOD, I can probably up to 55lbs. Saturday, Hubby and I went to the Snatch Clinic - nope I'm not talking about going to the Gyno (I had to say it). The snatch is one of two Olympic Weightlifting events (the other is the clean and jerk). The clinic was about two and a half hours and was exhausting. I managed to learn how to snatch with a 15lb bar. When I added weight, for a total of 25 lbs, I couldn't get up from the squat. Practice Practice Practice.

Snatch Progression

So yea, Friday and Saturday were both active. Sunday as well! We ran the JFK Miles for the Minds 5K - my 3rd official 5K. It was my first event with my running group - Edison Moms RUN This Town. Moms Run This Town is a National Running group and I'm Edison's Chapter Leader. There was a total of 4 of us that ran. We're now working on training for our 1st Half Marathon.

Edison Moms RUN This Town

Hubby with the MRTT shirt on!
Hubby is so supportive, he even ran with the MRTT group instead of running with our CrossFit group. They also ran the same 5K. 

With our CrossFit Family
Prior to the 5K, I hadn't run in about a month so I wasn't really expecting to run a sub 30min 5K. During the race, I just ran my best and ended up finishing in 28:29. This morning I found out that I placed 3rd in my age group! I never even thought to stick around for the awards ceremony. I can't believe I placed 3rd, especially with a 28 min 5K! Anyways, I'm proud of myself. Despite, the accidents with Little Beast on Friday, it was a really great active weekend. 

My horoscope today is - "You may think you're in over your head but seriously, you're not. Relax." I often think I'm in over my head with going to CrossFit and running and now training for a half marathon. But where there's a will, there's a way. I'm just going to relax, work hard and enjoy every step of this journey.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!