Monday, July 22, 2013

To Puke or Not to Puke

Gross I know. But there is no other way I can describe Friday's intense CrossFit workout. Apparently, Fridays are fun days. They usually are because I work from home. But CrossFit's fun day is Renita's death day. Here's the WOD followed by my scaled version (if any) in parenthesis.

Chipper:
15 Squat cleans 155/115 (used the 35 lb bar)
30 Toes to bar - (knees to chest)
30 Box jumps 24/20 
15 Muscle ups - (45 ring rows, 45 dips)
30 push press/push jerk 95/65 - (45 lb bar)
30 Double unders - (90 regular)
15 Thrusters 135/95 - (45 lb bar)
30 Pull-ups - (used 3 bands - first time)
30 Burpees
300 feet Walking lunge with 45/25# plate held overhead 


Absolute insanity. I can't count how many times I stopped during the lunges at the end. I saw stars. I wanted to puke.The heat was getting to me. I wanted to puke. My ass hurt. I looked for a place to puke. My body hurt. I wanted to put down the 25 lb plate and pick up a smaller one but I didn't want to scale something I knew I could do. So I did it and I didn't puke! When I finished,  I assumed the CrossFit recovery position.


It took me a while to get up and when I did, I signed up for my first month of CrossFit. It's official, I no longer dabble in CrossFit, I am a member of my box. I called Hubby in the car on the way home and broke down the work out. I told him he had to go that night to see what I did. And then I went home and made myself a Banana Cinnamon Muffin Bowl. It took all of 3 minutes and it was wonderful. And Paleo. Win Win.

On Saturday, we went to on a chocolate tour in Philadelphia with our best friends and their adorable little girl. We walked around in the heat all day so Sunday, I vegged. By vegged, I mean stayed home and prepped meals for the week. Eating clean definitely takes more time prepping and planning but it's worth it. I did eat a cheesesteak in Philly and had a couple beers so Sunday I was ready to go back to normal eating. It's wonderful that normal now means less processed, more meat and veggies.

I'm going back to CrossFit tonight and then I have my last appointment with Trainer on Wednesday. I'm going to miss her. Friday I'm back at the box for another fun day (shoot me now) and then Sunday I have a 5K with my local running mom group. It's a busy week and I'm looking forward to it!

Happy Monday to you all! What workouts do you have planned for the week?


2 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is intense. I'm not sure if I could do Crossfit. We don't have a box here but I am considering doing some of the at home workouts people post. But no Paleo for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carli, I'm sure you can do it. The sense of accomplishment you feel after a CF workout is unreal. That's what keeps me coming back!

      Delete

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!